The Snow Mountain course at Paiute Golf Resort set a high standard for the other two courses that came years later, and it was a pioneering property of the Vegas golf explosion in the late 1990’s. At the time, Paiute felt like it was worlds away being about 25 minutes from the strip, but, hall-of-fame golf architect Pete Dye and the Las Vegas Paiute Tribe took the “If you build it they will come” approach to their business development and sculpted a near perfect layout, which enticed golfers to make the drive, and they kept coming back for more.
The Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort now offers 54 holes of killer golf comprised of the Snow Mountain, Sun Mountain and The Wolf golf courses. Each are unique Pete Dye masterpieces, and are are 100% worth the time to play. Paiute Golf Resort tee times at all 3 of their courses are quite popular in peak times, so its best to make reservations months in advance.
Why Should You Play The Snow Course at Paiute Golf Resort?
- You can’t go wrong with any of the Paiute courses, they’re all great!
- Pete Dye designed courses are always interesting to look at, playable for many skill sets, and challenging.
- No homes anywhere in sight, no parallel holes, no casinos – just pure golf.
- Spectacular views of the Snow Mountain range.
- Excellent playing conditions, fast greens and NO overseeding.
- Great place to play in September when most of the other courses in Vegas are overseeded.
- 54 holes of Pete Dye golf courses offer plenty of tee times and perfect property to play 36 holes at.
Staff Insider Tip – The Snow course is the favorite of many locals and regular players at Paiute. Not sure if its really anything specific, but perhaps its just the flow of the golf holes and the progression of the drama over the entire layout. Its a very playable golf course, fun holes and never feels contrived, its one of our favorites.