The Paiute Golf Resort Sun Mountain course was the second Pete Dye creation one year after the Snow Mountain course opened to rave reviews and wowed all of Vegas golf. There is a saying in golf “One course is curiosity, but two golf courses is a destination”. Thats what the Paiute Tribe wanted when they hired golf architect Pete dye to create a new golf destination just 25 minutes from the Las Vegas strip.
Now that the Paiute Tribe had two courses at their the Paiute Golf Resort, the word was out that Paiute was a must play in Vegas! This unique golf development proved to be the beginning of one of the best native american golf resorts in the country, and spurred a golf boom for other tribes around the country to enter into the golf business.
Why Should You Play The Paiute Golf Resort Sun Mountain Course ?
- The Sun course garners the Paiute staff’s favorite layout.
- You really can’t go wrong with any of the Paiute courses, they’re all great!
- 54 holes of Pete Dye golf courses offer plenty of tee times and perfect property to play 36 holes.
- Pete Dye designed courses are always interesting to look at, playable for many skill sets, and challenging for better players.
- No homes anywhere in sight, no parallel holes, no casinos – just pure golf.
- Spectacular views of the Snow Mountain range.
- Excellent playing conditions, fast greens and NO overseeding.
- Great place to play in September when most of the other courses in Vegas are overseeded.
Staff Insider Tip – The Sun course has some of the best par 3’s and arguably the best views of the mountains on the property. We never complain about which course we play at Paiute, its always the same result at the end of the round. “Wow thats a great golf course”! lets go around again.