Many golf courses attempt to take on a so-called “Theme” to make the golf course have an identity and offer a sense of place to potential golfers. Desert Pines Golf Club may be the poster child for this model, as its takes on a Carolina Sand Hills look, and transplants in deep in the heart of downtown Las Vegas. Few courses are able to “own” their theme so-to-speak, but this one was done well, and definitely worth a play.
Why Should You Play at Desert Pines Golf Club?
- Only 5 Minutes from downtown Las Vegas.
- Very cool PB Dye designed golf holes, complete with the Dye’s signature railroad tie bunkers.
- Interesting golf with clever features, fun strategies and great golf architecture.
- Offers a submersive escape in the heart of Las Vegas’ concrete jungle.
- Double Decker lighted driving range with automatic ball delivery.
Staff Insider Tip – For a small piece of square and featureless land in the middle of downtown Las Vegas, Desert Pines Golf Club was created to be far from ordinary. This unique themed golf course sweeps you away into the Carolina Sand Hills with thousands of tall, mature pine trees, and actually does the “Theme” justice. A quality golf experience in Vegas, its not a long course, but its definitely not short on fun holes.